While in Washington last week Women On The Wall asked the question…..
With the CSCOPE and Common Core Curriculum are we creating a National Security problem. Please take the time to listen to the answer and listen to Pamela Gellar’s solution.
Hint it is YOU-
Now today we have reports of Texas Cscope School in Rockwall ISD has students adorn Hijabs in a High School Geography Class. From Ginger Russell More Texas Students in Islam Attire
The students photographed themselves and posted the photos on the popular social media site, Istagram.
Presently in the Islamic tourist region of the Maldives a young 15 year old girl is sentenced to flogging of a 100 whippings. Her crime was ruled “SEX OUTSIDE OF MARRIAGE” due to the fact that her step dad raped her continually over a period of years and murdered her ba
Let’s step back and look as what in fact is happening in other parts of the world where in the name of “Political Correctness” have allowed in Islamic Sharia law. From Pat
NewMediaJournal-Islamic extremists are stepping up the creation of “no-go” areas in European cities that are off-limits to non-Muslims.
Many of the “no-go” zones function as microstates governed by Islamic Sharia law. Host-country authorities effectively have lost control in these areas and in many instances are unable to provide even basic public aid such as police, fire fighting and ambulance services.
The “no-go” areas are the by-product of decades of multicultural policies that have encouraged Muslim immigrants to create parallel societies and remain segregated rather than become integrated into their European host nations.
Now I ask you again…..Are we desensitizing our Daughters and creating a National Security Threat.
Please keep in mind that because we are taking on the public schools parents are looking for other avenues to educate their children. Many who can’t afford private schools (even though private schools use CommonCore and CSCOPE) run to charter schools. Who by the way target the lower income hispanic and black community.
Just to be clear, I am not against all Charter Schools. Although I firmly believe we must have major safe guards in place to protect our citizens from organizations who seek access to our children to harm our nation. I also believe we should hold elected officials accountable for the legislation they put forward which may pose a National Security threat to our nation.
By promoting Charter School legislation some elected officials see a way to get votes and stay in their positions of power. Which gives them the opportunity to move to higher office. In addition it opens the door to raise huge campaign donations from charter school lobbies. An example of such groups is the Cosmos Foundation/Harmony/Gulen Science Centers who have given free all expense paid trips to legislators in Texas and across the country and whose consultant was former executive director of the Republican Party and trusted advisor to President George W. Bush, Karen Hughes Hughes.
If you are reading this an asking what are the Harmony Charter Schools? Below is a great video by Frank Gaffney founder of the (Center for Security Policy) as he works within his own community to stop the Gulen movment in Loudoun Virginia. Harmony is the name for the Gulen/Cosmos Foundation schools in Texas. In other states they go by different names. “
An example of what results is Texas Senate Bill 2 currently working its way through the Texas Legislature. Some of the heroes on exposing CSCOPE are now pushing a bill that completely opens the door for the Gulen Charter Schools to come into Texas in mass numbers.
Below is a breakdown of Senate Bill 2.
Senate bill 2 is a comprehensive overhaul of the laws that govern charter schools. Changes are made on the authorizing, governing, and establishing of charter schools in Texas.
Looking at the bill, there were a lot of areas of concern, given the recent experience on CScope in Texas.
- The current laws cap the number of charter schools in Texas at 215. The cap is entirely removed.
- A new governing board of 7 appointees will be the only oversight of these schools. The State Board of Education will have no authority to grant or revoke charter school privileges in this state. This puts us back in the position of non-elected officials in charge of the education.
- If there are any vacant or underutilized facilities in a school district, the ISD “shall” lease that taxpayer funded facility to any approved charter school that wants it. Note the word in the bill is shall (a mandate) rather than the word “may” (which is a choice).
- First time charter schools will be granted a license to operate for a term of 5 years. It will automatically renew at that point for 20 years. Most of the Harmony/ Gulen charter schools (currently under question) will fall in the 20 year category.
- The TEA will be required to post all vacant or underutilized facilities for all to see. For organized charter efforts underway, it will be easy to snap up these facilities all over the state.
- No new charter will have to pay rent or purchase the facility. They pay $1.
- The license of a charter school can be revoked by the newly formed commission only under the following circumstance:
a. The school performs badly in 3 out of 5 years
b. The school is not fiscally satisfactory on multiple reviews
Questions to ask…..
1. Why are non- elected officials being put in charge without public accountability?
2. Why a 20 year renewal?
3. Shouldn’t we worry about enormous expansion of schools of any type without input?
4. What if the curriculum is found to be offensive?
5. Why is our state funding for-profit enterprises?
The Education Committee on SB 2 (Senator Dan Patrick) concerning Charter Schools is considering what to do. They must hear from you. ASAP The committee members are:
|Chair:||Sen. Dan Patrick 512) 463-0107|
|Vice Chair:||Sen. Eddie Lucio, Jr. (512) 463-0127|
|Members:||Sen. Donna Campbell 512) 463-0125|
|Sen. Robert Duncan (512) 463-0128|
|Sen. Kel Seliger (512) 463-0131|
|Sen. Larry Taylor (512) 463-0111|
|Sen. Leticia Van de Putte (512) 463-0126|
|Sen. Royce West (512) 463-0123|
Below are charter school safeguards that have been proposed by various experts.
1. That a financial audit conducted under generally accepted accounting practices by an independent, reputable auditor be required – and publicly available – from any charter school operator applying for bond guarantees or other financial incentives;
2. That the name, address, and citizenship of all board members and key administrators applying for said guarantee(s) or other financial incentives issued by the state be recorded and made available to the public;
3. That the funds in the underlying bonds or other financial incentives to privately owned, publicly financed schools are to be used solely for schools within Texas;
4. Severe criminal penalties for fraudulent activities involving bond guarantees or other financial incentives issued by states – such as a Class 2 Felony for criminal or securities fraud violations.
Below Safeguards proposed in the 82nd Legislative Session in Texas but that the Texas Legislature did not pass:
1. Proof of U. S. citizenship for all charter school operator board members and top five highest-paid administrators. (Public ISD trustees must be U. S. citizens.)
2. Names, titles, and biographies posted online for all charter operator board members and top five highest-paid administrators.
3. Check registers posted online. (It is estimated that over 70 % of local ISD dollars are online.)
Why did these safeguards not pass? Because the elected officials were beholden to the lobby groups in Austin vs the people who elected them as their Representatives.
Click the photo to sign the Petition and Join the movement to#StopCSCOPE
Women On the Wall takes on the issues that matter. Sharing information and updates on our weekly radio show on Monday mornings at 10 am CST. You will not want to miss this show. We will have up to date information on CSCOPE and guests who are the experts on education and other issues that are effecting our children and grandchildren.